BIOGRAPHY OF TEJUMOLA BENSON (part 3)

I stopped about a 100 metres from the school gate
to
examine myself. I wiped off some sweats, cleaned my
shoes and so on.
I took a quick glance at my wristwatch before
resuming
my cleaning exercise.
8am? Yikes! I don over late.a
I quickened my pace and in no time, the school
gate was
just a few steps away.
Eric was standing there, alongside David and
some other
prefects. Some 'late- comers' too were kneeling
down.
"Good morning senior" I flexed my knees, already I
was
working out some excuses...
"bad morning to you! Join them!" Eric snarled
gesturing
towards the other students.
"Let her go in now, you know they're writing
J.S.C.E
exams...they would start by nine." David was
pleading
with Eric.
"No, she must be punished!" Eric said with a note
of
finality.
"what's even your business with this girl? Ehn?"
he added.
"kneel down there!" he ordered me.
"You don't have the authority!" David retorted at
him.
"who has? You?" Eric sneered
"Get inside!" David told me.
I stood up sharply, dusted my bag, and walked
past Eric.
"come back here!" Eric pulled me back.
I shrieked feigning pain, pretending to loose my
balance.
David quickly held me to steady my balance.
"You don't dare rough handle her!" He growled at
Eric.
"Why? Cos she's your girlfriend? See this small
boy o!" Eric
sneered.
Quick as a flash, I saw David raise his hand and
his palm
landed on Eric's cheek.
"How dare you?" Eric darted towards him. They
engaged in
a scuffle, David beating up Eric.
I didn't stand to watch the show, I ran quickly towards the
classroom, I needed to revise my notes. Who
separated
the fight? I didn't care.
:::::**:::::;
Ayo rang the bell. "School closed" He yelled.
Every student excitedly picked up their bags, lunch
boxes
and what have you- they all hurried out of
school.
For some reasons, I remained seated in my
position.
"Teju, won't you go home?" Bisi asked me
strapping her
bag.
I bit my lower lip, they send this girl to me ni?!
"Teejumoolaaa..." she cooed
"Biiissiii" I replied.
"won't you go home?"
"When did you become my guardian? Ehn?" I
queried
"Nooo, I was just trying to.."
she tried to explain.
"Shut up! Over sabi-sabi! Did we come to school
together
this morning?" I cut her short.
"Okay, sorry o." she walked away, leaving me
alone in the
now- empty class.
Good riddance! I rather remained in school than
go back
home to see Maami's ugly face.
The school became quite, only for some low
voices from
the staff room. I played around the class,
mimicked some
teachers, practiced some dance steps, I even
practiced
some kung fu, Imagining Maami as my
opponent,punching
her ugly face and kicking her buttocks, just to
while away
time.
I glanced at my wristwatch; 4;30pm. Good!
Atleast with
30mins trekking, I'll get home by 5pm. I quickly
rehearsed
my plans.
Firstly, I go to the kitchen, fill my bag with bread
and 5
packs of indomie.
Secondly, greet maami before hiding in my room.
That woman can't kill me! Besides i havent paid
for my
practicals.Maami refused to give me money.
I got to the school gate and saw a boy in uniform
standing
there.
Maybe he is waiting for their family driver to pick
him up,
spoilt rich man's children.
"Hey!" David said, standing up
"Good afternoon senior." I replied.
"what are you still doing in school?" He asked.
See question, you too what are doing here!
"Errm, I stayed back to revise some notes." I said
instead
"Oh really? That's nice" he shook his head like an
agama
lizard
"I've been waiting for my driver, the guy doesn't
wanna
show up" he added with a weary look.
Did I ask you? Can't you trek?
"Eeyaah, sorry senior." I said wearing a pitying
face.
"your driver is here to pick you?" he asked
Driver ke!
"Noo, me I'm trekking o"
"Wow, that could be fun!" his eyes glinted, his
dimples
showing.
Fun! Indeed! I smiled.
"Can I join you?, I mean, lets trek together?" he
was smiling
too,and those dimples...Oh! I was a sucker for
dimples.
"okay, no problem." I sounded like someone
important.
He picked his books, and we trekked home
together.
That was how we became friends. We always
trekked
home together, no more driver coming to pick
him up.
We'd stay back in school after closing for hours
doing
nothing in particular.
He always bought me snacks and carbonated
drinks
during breaktime,I always collected them with
'thanks'.I
told him about some fees i havent paid in the
school and
he paid them for me.Our friendship
grew.hmmm,like
seriously.He was a true friend to me.He was my
brother,my sister,my mother and even my father
because
my real father has no time for me,his beautiful
daughter.
No prefect dares to punish me anymore, I became
more
stubborn and efficient in my trouble making.
WATCH OUT FOR PART 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benteke for €37M, Bolasie for €29M - money-wasting Premier League clubs can't challenge Europe's best

Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi Thanks Buhari For Bombing Militants Out Of South West

The world oldest man cries out to the world at 179