Emmanuel Adebayor convert to Muslim while Emenike denies conversion

Over the weekend, two popular African
footballers; Emmanuel Emenike and Emmanuel
Adebayor reportedly converted to Islam.
Daily Post reported that Emenike announced
his conversion during a conversation with a
coach of his club, Vitor Pereira.
Though the striker admitted to fasting during
the Ramadan month, he denied his conversion
saying he was a staunch catholic.
The top scorer at AFCON 2013 was absent
when the squad had breakfast on Saturday,
prompting the manager to ask about his
whereabouts.
Emmanuel Emenike
Emenike said: "I'm fasting"
Pereira replied: "You're not a Muslim."
Emenike insisted: "I became a Muslim, I am a
Muslim."
The super Eagles striker plays for Fenerbache
of Turkey. Turkey is a predominantly Islamic
country.
Yesterday, Naij.com said it could not confirm if
Emenike's response was a joke or not, but the
the striker has denied the claims of his
conversion.
He said: "The report that I am now a Muslim
is absolute rubbish and false. I want the
source of the news to re-address it. I have no
reason to convert to Islam even though I have
lots of Muslim friends. Is there any big deal
observing fasting during the (Muslim) fasting
period?"
"I am very disappointed seeing the news going
viral because it is something I told my coach
in our conversation when he asked me a
question and I never said I have become a
Muslim. Fasting is not what everybody should
know that you are doing and it's very sad
seeing this in the media.
"I am a Catholic, a strong one for that matter,
and I came from Christian home. I don't
discriminate against anybody and I believe we
are all equal in the presence of God, so what
is the big deal in fasting? Does he know how
many time I fast to get closer to God before
the fasting periods? It's really sad because I
don't see it as a big deal," the striker told
African Soccer online.
Emenike is reportedly unsettled at Fenerbache
and is seeking a move to Tottenham , the club
Adebayor plays for after failing to feature
in his club's two pre-season matches so far
and being subjected to racist abuses last
season.
READ ALSO: Family Crisis: Adebayor's
Kinsmen In Nigeria Go Emotional, Read What
They Have To Say
Meanwhile, Adebayor converted to Islam on
Sunday when he was sighted taking the
Shahada (the Islamic creed declaring belief in
the oneness of God and the acceptance of
Muhammad as God's prophet).
Emmanuel Adebayor
The ceremony is thought to have been held in
Togo, Adebayor's adoptive country.
For the past two months, Adebayor has been
posting regular messages on Facebook about
the problems facing him and his family.
He has accused his family of being selfish and
particularly accused his junior brother of
stealing over 2o phones during a youth team
match in Europe.
Adebayor's mother Alice and his younger
brother, Rotimi have finally apologized to their
young son following a recent visit from a
delegation in Nigeria.
The delegation was made up of family
members and friends who all monitored the
online drama between the family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benteke for €37M, Bolasie for €29M - money-wasting Premier League clubs can't challenge Europe's best

Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi Thanks Buhari For Bombing Militants Out Of South West

The world oldest man cries out to the world at 179