THE LIVING DEAD (PART 11)

We took a bus down to Nmeka's village.When
we got to her compound,i saw a
woman,surrounded by other women,they were
consoling her
''its alright.Dont worry.she would be found....'
I needed no soothsayer to tell me that the poor
woman was Nmeka's mother.I felt sorry for her
plight.I was filled with guilt."but i didnt kill her.i
didnt kill her.i am innocent.
I wished her daughter could just come back to
life and say to her''mama its alright.i'm here"
When she caught sight of us,she ran towards us
and held the poor girl with me.Nmeka's roomate
"where is my daughter!"she yelled.it took
people's effort to let her go off the helpless girl.I
should be held,not her.
I heard a voice calling me.I turned and it was
Nmeka.I shifted backwards in fear.I was about
to run,but where to?
"Tell my parents what happened"she said
thrice,with a voice re-echoing in my head over
and over again.She disappeared.I knew other
people didnt see her.
I had to act fast before i die of fear before my
time.
I called her parent aside with great courage.I
told them that their daughter is dead and has
been appearing to me.
Immediately i said that,she appeared to me and
said with a thunderous voice
"Tell them what actually happened before i kill
you here"
I confessed for the very first time.
Her mother was like strangling me to death.I
sustained bruises from her rage.it was the man
who even saved me.He demanded to see my
parents.My heart skipped a bit.He was really
angry and sorrowful.I could see it written over
his face.
We arrived at my parents compound.(Nmeka's
parents,myself,the room mate and Nmeka's
uncle)
It was a thing of shame for him as i was forced
to re-confess.My parents were disappointed in
me.My father ceased my phone.
I couldnt raise my face up as i faced the
ground.Soon people gathered.I felt like i should
just die and leave everything.
AFTER sometime,Nmeka appeared for everybody
to see.It was a serious scene.some people ran
and stopped at some point to observe while
some stayed put.
Even her mother was terrified.Nmekatold
everybody that i didnt kill her.
She said her asthma disease did.
I was a bit relieved but i was not really myself
at that point.
I was surprised when she pleaded with her
parents to let me go.
She finally told her parents to go to the police
and tell them they are her parents so that they
would be given her corpse at the mortuary,as
ordered by the school.
Before she disappeared, shelooked and
me,smiled and said"I have forgiven you, jude"
Hours passed into days.Days into weeks and
weeks into months.
I had learnt my lesson.Social network nearly
killed me. I lost my parents trusts .Concentration
with studies and my good name .But above all, i
prayed God to forgive me
THE END
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING.
DID YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM THE STORY?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benteke for €37M, Bolasie for €29M - money-wasting Premier League clubs can't challenge Europe's best

Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi Thanks Buhari For Bombing Militants Out Of South West

The world oldest man cries out to the world at 179