THE LIVING DEAD (PART 5)

I cracked my head searching for a good river but
couldn't remember any. In desperation i thought
of other alternatives.
"A good bush will do" i concluded as i
remembered a very large bush, four hostels
behind mine. The bush really was at the end of
the street. A yet to be developed plot.
But i was very unsure of the best time to head
to the place. I knew there wasn't a way i could
go there without being seen by many students
and my movement might draw suspicion due to
the sack bag in my possession and if eventually
Nmeka's body is found, tongues may talk and i
could be caught. I reasoned.
"The only solution was to head out of the school
environs with my load perhaps towards the small
mechanic village which was fifty naira bus drop
away from my lodge, find a good refuse dump
site and dispose everything" .
_____
Luckily her body wasn't discovered that morning
and so by 7:45am, i smashed her phone sim and
memory card wrapped the debris in a small
nylon before flinging it with the phone back into
the sack bag. Soon after i left the lodge with my
load and headed towards mechanic village,
nervous, shaken but determined.
It was very easy to find a burning refuse dump
site when i got there. I quickly disposed
everything and headed back to my lodge a bit
relieved.
All that was left was to sit and wait for the poor
girl to be discovered.
I kept to myself, acting cool and trying hard not
to behave in a way that could draw suspicion. It
wasn't easy, i couldn't eat, sleep nor do
anything. I was conscious of everything, plus i
began seeing things. Strange weird things.
Perhaps it was my imagination, perhaps it was
guilt and fear but i truly wasn't myself anymore.
I didn't kill the girl but i wronged her spirit. I felt
she was everywhere i went, staring at me with
her dark eyes.
Then she was discovered…………………… An early
monday cry from one of the cleaners ripped the
whole lodge apart.
WATCH OUT FOR PART 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benteke for €37M, Bolasie for €29M - money-wasting Premier League clubs can't challenge Europe's best

Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi Thanks Buhari For Bombing Militants Out Of South West

The world oldest man cries out to the world at 179