THE LIVING DEAD (PART 7)

The school SUG president soon showed up with
the school authorities and the police, quickly
dispersing everyone.
"you can now go on with your various activities,
we are here to take charge of the situation. Be
rest assured that the person behind this
outrageous crime will be caught. If you have any
information to share please don't hesitate to
bring it to our knowledge. Mind how you talk to
the press or better still leave us to do the
talking. You are warned" the Dean of students
addressed us before we were dispersed.
I returned to my room extremely scared and
afraid. I couldn't imagine what the outcome of
their investigation will be.
I didn't leave my room all through the rest of
that day. I simply stayed indoors with my
conscience punishing me. I was ready to do
anything for my fears to go away.
Nmeka's body was taken away later in the
afternoon. I couldn't help but peep through my
window as an ambulance carried the poor thing
away. Yes the time was precisely 3:15pm. I
really couldn't imagine what caused the delay in
moving a body discovered very early in the
morning.
However some minutes after her body was taken
away. A strange kind of dizziness took over my
entire body. It was as if my room was spinning
round with me in the center. I lost balance and
collasped on my bed, breathing heavily while
sweat drenched my body.
I couldn't believe nor understand what was
happening. I never experienced such a thing
before, but luckily i regained myself some
minutes after.
I tried hard to think what could have happened,
but just couldn't figure out anything. Not only
was my eyes now seeing things that never was,
the rest of my body has equally joined in the
game.
Could Nmeka's spirit be behind this?" i wondered
Miserably.
"but i didn't kill nobody. It was just an accident.
I did what i had to do to save face" i kind of
spoke aloud before realising myself.
A sharp knock of my door, quickly notified me of
a visitor waiting outside.
"was i heard?. Is it the police?" i nervously
asked myself as i slugglishly went to my door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benteke for €37M, Bolasie for €29M - money-wasting Premier League clubs can't challenge Europe's best

Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi Thanks Buhari For Bombing Militants Out Of South West

The world oldest man cries out to the world at 179