THE LIVING DEAD (PART 9)

What?, what's the reason for that?. Why
will the police want to search my room?"
i asked desperately.
"they just want to search all the rooms in
the lodge. According to them it's the
procedure. You are not the only person,
so you have to come as fast as you can
or else they might break into your room
when it gets to your turn" he explained
patiently.
"fine i'll be there" i murmured half-
heartedly,breathing deeply.
__
It really took me about two hours to
make up my mind on returning to the
lodge, because i was so scared that the
police might find something in my room.
A lipstick, lock of hair or anything
incriminating. I feared.
Though I was so sure that i wiped my
room clean before travelling, but they
were experts and i was scared something
could be found somehow.
However I finally returned to my lodge
very late in the afternoon with the hope
that my room has been broken into. But
on the contrary it was as i left it {still
locked}.
I quickly met the hostel president with
questions in my heart and Immediately
he saw me he smiled, offering his hand
for a handshake.
"it's very fine you showed up today. All
the rooms that are yet to be searched
will be searched tomorrow. Some
students travelled like you did which is
very bad and as a result the cops
decided to search the rooms of available
students today while the locked ones will
be searched tomorrow whether the
owners return or not" he explained,
settling my curiousity.
I returned to my room a bit relieved and
satisfied, quickly cleaned up everything in
it one more time, washing the bedsheet
Nmeka laid on over and over.
Infact i made sure my room was very
much in order before resting that day.
My room was so clean that the three
policemen who searched it early the next
day commented on it.
"seems like you are the cleanest student
in this lodge. Your room is so clean" one
of them said to me as he tossed around
my properties, without suspecting a
thing. I smiled nervously.
Unknown to them the room they were
searching was the main crime scene and
they left without finding anything, leaving
me a bit relaxed.
"What next?" i asked myself as i watched
them leave.
I bolted the door as they left and took a
sigh of relief with my eyes closed,resting
my back against the door.
Immediately,i heard a voice right there in
my room calling my name slowly
"JUUUUDE,
JUUUDE…"
I opened my eyes and behold…. it was
Nmeka sitting on my bed.
WATCH OUT FOR PART 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benteke for €37M, Bolasie for €29M - money-wasting Premier League clubs can't challenge Europe's best

Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi Thanks Buhari For Bombing Militants Out Of South West

The world oldest man cries out to the world at 179